1. Have you ever had one of those moments where it feels like everything is on the verge of being perfect? You want time to slow down so you can savor the feeling? I'm having one of those right now and it feels pretty darn amazing. After all the stress I've been putting myself under lately, I'm enjoying the feeling of relaxation and perfection.
2. I became obsessed with a new show. Please, do not laugh, because I know a bunch of you in the book world are also probably watching this... Witches of East End is a pretty fantastic show. Craig Furgeson summed up my feelings about it being on Lifetime after seeing a clip of the show. "What happened to Lifetime?" It's not the usual Lifetime drama. (Okay, maybe Freya's love triangle needs some work.) Still the show is super awesome and I love the premise. So, I recommend you guys try it out and tell me what you think.
3. I've also been listening to the radio more recently. I have a bunch of new favorite songs. If you'd like to listen to them. Or see what bad taste I have in music. Yes, I am self aware enough to recognize I love country and pop while all the "cool kids" don't. I embrace my inner dork. Just go to my Spotify playlist here.
4. Well, I've either finally gone insane or have way more faith in myself than I thought. I've checked out a library book on and will soon be learning how to design blogs. Don't get me wrong. I love my current layout. But, I think it is a valuable skill to have, especially in blogging. Plus, have you seen the prices designers charge for blog layouts? The lowest I've seen for Blogger recently was a package for $200 and Wordpress was like $600. This was just for the basics! I've seen designs going over $1000. I'd rather take my chances by teaching myself. And who knows? If I'm any good at it, I can start charging big bucks for designs.
5. Ugh. This month began NaNoWriMo. Do not ask me how it's going. I might rip your head off. The good news is, I think I have a story I want to write and will be able to catch up on word count. But I will have to work my butt off to get there. I'm looking forward to it and well, not looking forward to it. We'll see which part of me wins out in the end. Also, if you're a nano-er looking for some support. I highly recommend Susan Dennard's NaNoWriMo Bootcamp, which I moderate for. I'll be looking for your guys there!