1) If you haven't heard, I'm back to blogging! I've decided to stop making apologies and explaining away why I haven't been working on the blog, in blog posts. It didn't make sense. Instead, I've renewed my commitment to working hard at making My Summer Girl Books the best it can be. Here's to my sheer determination to make it happen!
2) Summer classes are over! I'm so excited to have more time to spend with my friends and be able to read! I took four classes this semester and it was difficult to say the least. The experience was similar to sticking my brain in a blender and serving up cerebellum smoothies to zombies, in the hopes that they wouldn't eat me alive. (The analogy sounded better in my head, I swear.)
3) Tonight, I get to have dinner at a friend's house and celebrate her coming graduation. Then I get to watch Sharknado in a movie theater. Yes, it's happening. Don't question it. My friend is sleeping over. I get to hang out with her and attend an awesome birthday/graduation blowout Saturday night. I might even be going to the beach on Sunday. I feel more than a little blessed and spoiled I get to have so much fun this weekend!
4) I've developed a rather huge obsession with comics, specifically Comixology. Thanks to their DC Comics New 52 deals, I got 15 issues for about 14 bucks. Savings = good. I'm really into the Batman universe at the moment. Suicide Squad, Red Hood and the Outlaws and Batgirl are a few I've read. I ordered and read some of them from my library. I'm very interested in getting more comics on the Superman family, Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens and a whole bunch more. I'm beginning to see how this can get a little out of hand...
5) This is an achievement from last week, so I really shouldn't put it. I'm so proud of the accomplishment though, I can't resist! I ran six freaking miles last Sunday. Six! I still get a giddy when I think about it!