Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han- The Summer I Turned Pretty reminds me of the best parts of living on the beach for a summer. Sitting in the sand, swimming in the waves, eating seafood, I love it all! This is a great book to read whether your bottom is in a beach chair or you're craving a summer get-away of your own.
2. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan- As the son of a sea god, the Percy Jackson series is the perfect one to read at the beach. What better way to pay homage to the waves than with this fun and adventurous book?
3. Heist Society by Ally Carter- If sand and surf won't occupy you for long, I suggest reading this awesome book about teenage thieves. Heist Society is like the Ocean's Eleven film, but with more sass and international travel.
4. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller- This book is the perfect size to fit into a beach tote. Don't let its size fool you though; Something Like Normal packs a major emotional punch. The Florida setting, summer weather and late-night beach trips make it a total beach read for me. Just don't be surprised to find yourself crying into your beach towel if you bring it along.
5. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen- My favorite Sarah Dessen book! The little beach town of Colby is perfect to read about during summer. Somehow Along for the Ride manages to keep it light while exploring a few difficult family issues. It's a solid beach read choice. I'll even put a "potential sunburn because you might forget to reapply while reading" warning on this.
6. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols- If you're looking for one of those steamy books to read beach side, you want this book. Full of conflict, a little danger, and a lot of sexual tension, Such a Rush is a great adrenaline hit in any climate.
7. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- Something about road trips just screams summer to me. While Amy and Roger never make it to the beach, preferring places like Yosemite, Graceland and Kentucky, I still believe this is a fabulous book for the beach. This is especially true for those who may be suffering from a little bit of Wanderlust.
8. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean- For fans of historical romance, I highly recommend this as a beach read. It's flirty and full of hilarious situations involving nobility.There's also quite a few super steamy scenes to spice up the read. This is another "potential sunburn" warning book!
9. Wait For You by J. Lynn- Another sweet steamy read that's perfect for any vacation! I promise you'll fall in love with Cam and never look at eggs the same way again. The only setback is that Wait for You is not available in paperback format until September 3rd. It's an e-book only release at the moment.
10. Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress by Lucy Monroe- All right, my sweet Harlequin devotees. I'm encouraging you to read my absolute favorite Harlequin book. There's sun, sand, and exotic locales. It's a great short and sweet book for an afternoon at the beach.