|image taken from the broke and the bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Top Ten Authors I'd Put on My Auto Buy List
1) Stephanie Perkins author of Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happily Ever After- Anna is possibly my favorite YA contemporary of all time and Lola isn't too far behind. I'm driving myself bonkers waiting for Isla to come out! I love Stephanie's characters and the depth of emotion she adds to them which appears totally effortless. I'm also super excited for her new horror book that's coming out in 2014!
2) Sarah J. Maas author of the Throne of Glass series- Guh. Sarah's writing is just so good! Her world building is amazing. She also happens to be one of the nicest people in the entire world. All of her books have a fairytale/myth vibe going on which I adore. I'd buy any book from this lady.
3) Sarah MacLean author of the Love by Numbers series, the Rules of Scoundrels series and The Season- She made me like historical romance. That is HUGE. I used to have a passing interest in the subject, but thought the writing would be too stuffy. She changed my whole opinion of the genre. I love her steamy and stubborn characters.
4) Tahereh Mafi author of the Shatter Me series- Her writing is proof of poetry in prose. Every word is selected carefully and placed in the most beautiful arrangement possible. I even got this feeling from Warner's novella, not just Juliette's fragmented thoughts. Also, there's kissing in her books, lots of kissing.
5) Michelle Hodkin author of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer series-The reason I will forever put Michelle on my auto-buy list is because she fooled me. I thought I had The Unbecoming totally pegged from the second I started reading. Nope. I was so stupid, dumb wrong and it felt amazing because of the novelty of the experience. Michelle has a ton of good kissing in the book too.
6) Maggie Stiefvater author of the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series, The Raven Boys series and The Scorpio Races - If Tahereh is utter poetry in prose, then Maggie is the one who at least introduced me to the idea. Maggie's writing is beautiful. The Wolves of Mercy Falls series specifically took me in. I can't explain how much I love Grace and Sam. All of their sweet, intimate moments like howling wolves, red coffee pots and white summer dresses touched something in my heart.
7)Victoria Schwab author of The Near Witch, The Archived series and Vicious- Is it a bloggerly faux pas to admit that I buy Victoria's books because of her? Don't get me wrong. I read them and adore them immensely, but the reason I pick them up is her. Victoria has this unceasing wonder and amazement at all of what the world and human beings are capable of. It draws me to her and her writing, to try to learn the secret of living like that.
8) Sarah Dessen author of Lock and Key, Along for the Ride and many others- Authenticity is the biggest thing for me regarding Sarah's books. She writes such real, human characters that I'm drawn to them every time. Even if I don't initially like the premise of the story, I'll still be taken in and love it by the end of the book.
9) Alexandra Bracken author of Brightly Woven and The Darkest Minds series- I loved Brightly Woven and am really enjoying The Darkest Minds so far. Alex is an awesome person with awesome books.
10) Myra McEntire author of the Hourglass series- Hers will forever be, the books that made me like time travel. I had been exposed to so many bad examples in the past through TV and movies. I was a little more than jaded when it came to her books. Yet now, I love them, all her characters and just everything about the Hourglass series.
Bonus: Jennifer L. Armentrout AKA J. Lynn author of the Lux series, The Gamble Brothers series and other books- I won't lie about this. It's all in her character's sexual tension and witty banter. I simply cannot get enough. Steamy scenes people, STEAMY.