|photo taken from the broke and the bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Books I resolve to Read in 2013
1) The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I have been dying to read this book for almost a year now. To think of it actually being in my hands and me having the free time to read it is sheer bliss! Everyone I love to get book recommendations from has only said good things about it. Therefore I must read it!
2) Throne of Glass 2 by Sarah J. Maas- Seriously, is there even a question of this? I LOVE Sarah. I adore her books. My only worry is that it will be pushed back to 2014 since it has no title or cover yet. I am keeping up hope though! It will come out.
3) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- I have been waiting for this book over a year. Anna and Lola are among my favorite contemporary reads of all time. I am so excited for Isla! Hopefully there will be a cover soon, a synopsis, and a tour schedule. Let me be honest though, I’m really getting Isla so that I can scour the entire book for mentions of Lola, Cricket, Etienne and Anna. I will explode if I see them.
4) Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi- I am quite interested in seeing how the series is going to develop. Juliette and Adam had such an overwhelming chemistry in Shatter Me. I wonder how it will be replicated. First, I need to dive into Warner’s head for Destroy Me. However, I will be happy to get back to Juliette’s poetic narration.
5) Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout- Daemon and Katy! And *spoiler*! I’m so excited to see those three and how they interact together. I need that bone melting alien attraction back in my life. However, I am not looking forward to the horrible cliff hanger that Jennifer L Armentrout is bound to leave off with.
6) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- This year I am determined to read at least one classic. Pride and Prejudice seemed like the best place to start.
7) Peter and Wendy by J. M. Barie – Alright, so I may have a secret obsession with Peter and Wendy. I want to expand my knowledge beyond just the Disney version. Kiersten White (an awesome author and book recommender) says that the book is one of her favorites and not for kids. I’m hoping the book will be right up my alley.
8) The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- I cannot believe I haven’t read this yet! It should be at the top of my list. Yet, I am so worried about this huge cliffhanger I know will happen. I have seen enough fan-grief to spot the signs. I’m very fortunate to have avoided spoilers so far. I hope I can keep it up.
9) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon- I’m trying something new in 2013, utilizing my library more and reading books my favorite authors love. Outlander accomplishes both in one. There were also rumors that the books will be made into a TV mini-series or something, which will make it more exciting.
10) Every Other Book on my Bookcases- I must stop buying more books without reading the ones I have first! Seriously, there are books that have been on my shelves for 2 years or more without being read. That is absolutely ridiculous, so I am setting up a challenge to read a certain number of books on my shelves before I’m allowed to buy a new one.