|photo from the broke and the bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Jerks in Literature
1. Shelby from the wolves of mercy falls series by Maggie Stiefvater- Trying to kill one of my favorite characters and break up one of my best couples? You are a jerk and I refuse to listen to your side of the story. So you can just sit over there in all your jerkiness and just be a jerk to other jerks.
2. Rennie from Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian- I would cheerfully strangle this girl with her own size two designer jeans. What she did to Lilia was so unspeakably awful I could never even consider liking her in the series.
3. Lea from the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout- In the end, Lea was slightly redeemable. Still, it is totally unacceptable to spread slutty rumors about a girl and blame her for her mother's death. That is just wrong.
4. Genya from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo- Ugh. She is the worst type of girl! The type of person who pretends to be a friend, a confidant when she's only using you for her own gain. I understand why she did it, and I know she paid dearly for it, but I still hate it.
5. Cathy from Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan and Justine Larbalestier- Alright... Cathy was a good person and a good friend for about 90% of the book. I simply could not get over her selfishness, thoughtlessness and outright tunnel vision. How about, umm I don't know, listening to your friend and explaining your reasoning before killing yourself?
6. Maura from Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood- You never try to Vulcan Mind Meld your siblings, never! It is the ultimate betrayal of trust, especially when said sibling has been trying to protect your dumb butt from two horrible fates.
7. Ava from Hourglass by Myra McEntire- She is a b*tch, but she is my b*tch. I don't know what it is, but I suddenly have a healthy obsession with little Ava. She's pretty, a dancer, has a sharp tongue (is no longer trying to break up my awesome couple.) I really hope that Infinityglass is about her, or she gets her own spin off series.