photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Mean Girls in Books
1. Shelby from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater- Trying to kill one of the main characters of the series definitely qualifies you as a mean girl in my book. Shelby was just an awful wolf/person, with absolutely no qualms about it.
2. Leah from the Mercy Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs- I don't know why I loathe her so much! Seriously, she's just a rude, mean, brat, but I hate her as if she personally offended me. If it's one thing I cannot stand, it is someone who acts like they're the classiest b***h in town, but have absolutely no manners or people skills.
3. Maura from Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood- Okay, I actually like Maura. She isn't so much a mean girl as a selfish one, but her selfishness makes her mean. She did something in Born Wicked that was simply unspeakable, and to her sister no less. I can't ever forgive her for it, which is sad since she seems a lot like me.
4. Ash from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout- Public Humiliation. I don't know if it's because I'm shy, an introvert, prideful, or a libra, but public humiliation makes me want to scream. Being embarrassed is one of the worst feelings in the world to me. So, having a bully picking on my beloved main character, embarrassing her in public, killed me. (Luckily Katy totally got her back for it.)
5. Ava from the Hourglass series by Myra McEntire- Another sort of "mean" girl that I like. Ava's b***hiness was brought on for reasons beyond her control, but the poor girl made a decision to wallow in it. She has one of those.. "entitled" attitudes which makes her come off as a snotty brat most of the book, but I think with a little time and some character development Ava could become one of my favorites.
6. Isabel from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater- My favorite book mean girl. She is one of the "little miss entitled" girls like Ava, but she also has this fierce attitude that makes her seem in charge. Isabel is also a girl who puts up a snarky (read: rude) front because she's scared of opening up to people and would rather chase them away. Good thing there's Cole to make her just the teeniest bit more vulnerable.
7. Lea from the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout- Okay, so she's not as bad as some of the girls on this list, and I'm pretty sure half of her arguments with Alex are more fun than mean-spirited. However, you just don't tell a girl that her mom died because she was being selfish. It simply is not done. You need to have consequences for that.
8. Sophie from Sweetly by Jackson Pearce-The absolute worst for me on this list. I don't care how weak-willed and helpless she felt, or for what reasons she lied, the fact remains that she was evil. The most awful kind of person that acts happy, generous and really seems to care about you, only for them to betray you in the end. It makes me feel sick.
10. Victoria from the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong- The brattiest brat, brat to ever brat. Really, the girl was on the run from a special organization that wanted to exterminate her and she's complaining about how there are no fun guys to flirt with? Being rude and bullying towards everyone you come into contact with is not the way to win me over.