photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Top Ten Favorite Authors*
*to see online
Realistically, I can never pick an absolute favorite author, I never know whether to judge them on their books, what they write, if I've met them, etc. I just don't want it to become a popularity contest. So, I've decided to talk about my ten favorite authors to see online.
1. Rachel Hawkins- I follow her Twitter, blog and Tumblr. SHE IS LIKE THE FUNNIEST PERSON ALIVE YOU GUYS. Also, I am preparing you for her extreme caps lock use. Seriously, it's bad, but she's totally awesome. Plus, most of the things she caps are newsworthy things, like book release dates and Game of Thrones discussions.
2. Victoria Schwab- I follow her Twitter and blog. She's like one of the sweetest people on the planet. She also tends to reply anytime someone tweets her, if you can catch her quickly enough. Mainly I just like hearing about her traveling and New York adventures. Warning: Reading Victoria's posts may cause spontaneous Dr. Who/ TARDIS infatuations, mooning over Jon Snow, cookie eating, wanderlust and Neil Gaiman worship. All of which are wonderful Victoria-type things to do.
3. Jennifer Lynn Barnes- I follow her Twitter and blog. Jennifer is just... wonderful. All of her tweets are extremely cute and make me laugh. I'm convinced she's going to be the most adorable mad scientist in existence when she gets her hands on her own top secret lab and lair. She's on twitter more often than her blog, but all of the contest/ important information gets posted on her blog too.
4. Tahereh Mafi- I follow her Twitter, blog, Pinterest and Tumblr. Her Tumblr is so beautiful! She has such lovely pictures and quotes on there all the time. It's a peaceful place on the internet to retreat to. Her pinterest is great! She has boards for Unravel Me and Shatter Me, as well as some other awesome stuff. Pretty much anywhere you follow Tahereh online, she's wonderful. Therefore you must follow her everywhere, obviously.
5. Sarah Dessen- I follow her blog, Twitter Pinterest and Tumblr. Her Tumblr is not that active that I've seen, but she does post some cute personal pictures, like on twitter. Her blog is usually just the bare minimum update on her life, but most of it is cute and fun to read. There tends to be a post every Friday AKA the reason it's called the Friday Five. Her Pinterest is extremely active, full of crafts and home renovations, food, fashion and other cool places.
6. Heather Dixon- I follow her Deviantart. As I've stated before, did you know authors did fanart? I totally did not and was taken by surprise with her lovely gallery. That I've seen, it's not extraordinarily active anymore at least with posting, but the pictures she left up there are unbelievably lovely. Her blog might be more active, but I don't follow it at the moment so you'd need to check that one out yourself.
7. John Green- I subscribe to Vlog Brothers and Crash Course. Really? What are you doing with your internet life if you're not subscribing to Vlog Brothers? Some of the videos are funny, some serious, some about honey badgers, others devoted to awesome spaceships, but all are enjoyable. Seriously, just get your passport to Nerdfighteria ready, once you've experienced it, you won't want to leave.
8. Jackson Pearce- I follow her Twitter, Livestream and blog. I miss her vlog videos so much! But, I guess all good things must come to an end eventually. Her twitter is an adventure in UTTER HILARITY, especially now that she's having to battle it out with her hot water heater. The liveshows are really a good way to chat with Jackson and some other awesome people. Jackson will occasionally hold contests or make a themed liveshow. The one from last week was how to outline an entire novel. It was so amazing! I think almost everyone on the liveshow wants her to write SPACE DANGER.
9. Ilona Andrews- I follow their blog and Ilona's Twitter. The blog is something I follow more regularly than Ilona's twitter. The blog has some funny stories, writerly advice, contest, snippets and venting. I never really know what's going to be in the content, but I'm always happy to read the blog. I feel very privileged to have a small look at their life.
10. Michelle Hodkin- I follow her blog and Tumblr. The blog isn't extremely active, that I've seen. However, Michelle puts in all of the important information when something big is coming up. Her Tumblr, like Tahereh's is full of quotes, pictures, songs and other pieces of loveliness that make it fun to look through.