photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
I'm back from my vacation as of today! Let me tell you, that 14 hour drive home was a doozy but I'm glad it's over! I hope all of you are having the best holidays!
Books I wanted Santa to Bring! (In no particular order)
1. Fire by Kristin Cashore- Ever since YA Sisterhood's Tournament of Heroines featured Fire as a girl to vote for, I've been obsessed with finishing Graceling and reading Fire, she sounds like one kick ass heroine.
2. Witch Song by Amber Argyle- The cover. I have been in love with this cover (especially the girl's eyes) for a year, ever since I saw an ARC giveaway for it on goodreads. I want it very badly!
3. Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews- I would read any book she and her husband put out. I love them and their writing that much. Kaldar has never been my favorite rascal, but I think I will enjoy Audrey and him interacting. :)
4. Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- Alright, so I haven't read the series. At all. Not even one page. But, I have this compulsion to collect the books anyway. I have established a goal to read them by the end of 2012 though!
5. Legend by Marie Lu- It sounds so, so, so good. I really requested this book as a Christmas gift. I'm hoping I got it (as I am writing this post before Christmas, since I was worried I'd be too lazy to do it after.)
6. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith- Seriously, this is a compulsion. I need to stop wanting books with the word probability in them. I'm going to start collecting them otherwise.
7. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck- I've heard exceptional things about this series (ever since the summer YA Scavenger Hunt.) Plus the covers are so amazing with tigers and dragons on them.
8. The Poison Eaters by Holly Black- I read this book and loved it to a horrifyingly ridiculous degree. I want to marry it. I'm so incredibly excited that the short story "The Coldest Girl in Coldtown" will be transformed into a full-fledged book or series. I mentioned wanting it to happen when I reviewed the book and I'm thrilled it's really happening.
9. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick- Patch and Nora are a good couple. Vee is a bit neurotic, but I love her anyway. That cover is supremely gorgeous, I hope you've seen it.
10. Sailor Moon art books by Naoko Takeuchi- I confess it, I am one of the biggest Sailor Moon fans ever. I have loved it ever since I can remember. It was that manga series that got me into reading and shojo manga. I've always thought the art was unfairly beautiful so I really want those art books.
Note: An art book, for those who don't know, are a collection of images from one manga put together in a book. It has no story or dialogue, just a collection of pretty pictures in most cases. Because of the high cost of ink they're usually a very expensive gift, ranging the scale from $20.00 to $30.00 or even $40.00 for one book.