photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Favorite Places to Read
1. On my bed- The most frequent place I read.
2. The big brown comfy couches in my living room- Duh, they're comfy! (And really, it's only ideal when the tv isn't playing in there.)
3. My school library- I'm there pretty often, it's become the default.
4. Metal picnic tables at my school- It's outside, and in the miraculous semi-cold weather of Florida winters, it feels amazing to read books out there.
5. The old recliner at my grandmother's house- It is the most comfortable place in the world, so of course I love reading there. There have been sibling wars over that recliner.
6. My classrooms- Well, you know, when class hasn't started yet, or when there's a really boring subject, my eyes do tend to wander.
7. My living room floor- When my back gets too hunched over from sitting on the couches, I move to the floor to straighten out.
8. My kitchen table- I tend to bake things, and cakes take a particularly long time in the oven.
9. My best friend's nook- I was shocked to find this one, I moved in with a friend for the summer and that was where I stayed. I put up books and would read on the futon, it was really fun.
Most Anticipated Books of 2012
1. Everneath by Brodi Ashton- I read a sneak peak snippet of this book on the Winter YA Scavenger Hunt. It was so good! I simply can't wait to have it in my hands.
2. Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews- I adore Andrea and Raphael and I was always really angry their relationship ended so badly. It might not be fixed in this book, but I'm always up to reading more about them. Seeing Kate through Andrea's eyes will be really interesting, just like seeing Andrea without Kate's filter will be cool.
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- I love, love, love the cover of this book. It sounds so amazing with the element of virtual reality and "the outside." I can't wait to read about "the death shop."
4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- I adore Stephanie Perkins. I want to be her so badly it hurts. She's so awesome. I love all of her books with their humor, love and amazing food. I will run over grandmothers and small children to get to the store to buy this book the absolute second it comes out.
5. Timepiece by Myra McEntire- I'm already salivating at the thought of having this book physically in my hands. Emerson, Michael, Kaleb, urgh, why do I have to WAIT?
6. The Selection by Keira Cass- Stunningly Gorgeous cover? Check. Interesting plot full of potential drama? Check. I am completely looking forward to this hot debut.
7. Insurgent by Veronica Roth- Divergent is my soulmate. Tris and Four are amazing. I do not want to go through the horrid process of waiting. I only read it in the past month and I'm angry with the wait period. I can't imagine the people who've been waiting since Divergent came out.
8. Shatter Me #2 by Tahereh Mafi- I loved Shatter Me, I want to marry it and have it's stunningly poetic babies. So of course, of course, of course, I am practically quivering in my seat at the fact that there will be a sequel. I will do absolutely nothing on the day it arrives but read it.
9. Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost- She's finally doing Vlad's book! I adore Mr. Tepesh so much, you can't even understand. I am so thrilled to get to read about him and Leia when it comes out!
10. The Archived by Victoria Schwab- I am a huge, huge fan of The Near Witch. It felt like a new breed of exotic fairytales. I want The Archived in my hands now, not in a few months. (Though not at the cost of V's sanity.)
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead