photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Most Unfortunate Character Names
*Note- This post was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, only to entertain.*
1. Tookie De La Creme from Modelland by Tyra Banks- Are you kidding me? Tyra Banks I love you, sincerely I do, your fierceness is something to aspire to but please stop naming book characters. In fact, just stop writing books.
2. Lady Calpurnia Hartwell from Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean- Did I mention how happy I was that they called her "Callie" or "Empress" the entire novel? Not only does the name not fit the character, it sounds prissy and privileged.
3. Almost every single name from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins- Effie, Peeta, Katniss, Cato, Thresh, Haymitch, Glimmer, Cashmere, Gloss, Enobaria, Wiress, Beetee, Mags, Blight, Chaff, Woof and Seeder I am looking at you.
4. Sookie from the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris- I don't mind so much if it's pronounced sue-key, like on Gilmore Girls, but if it's suh-kay, like on Trueblood, it becomes too backwoods for me to handle.
5. Various names from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward- Stop me when you start laughing uncontrollably; Wrath, Rhage, Zsadist, Dhestoryer, Vishous, Phury, Rehvenge, Tohrment, Tehrror, Qhuinn, Baylock, Wellesandra, Cormia, Ehlena, Xhex, Payne and No'one. Oh yeah, they're bad.
6. Po and Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore- They're a very cute couple. I just can't help but think of fecal matter and ketchup when I see their names.
7. Vasilisa Dragomir from Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead- Seriously, I believe this is a form of child abuse. Who saddles a kid with that kind of name? It screams unmanageable expectations.
8. Ky from Matched by Ally Condie- Umm, I simply don't like it. It's too short and harsh, like a bird call.
9. Dru Anderson from Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow- I'm not a fan of the way it's spelled. I don't like Dru for girls. Granted it's probably to cover up an even more pretentious name, like Drusilia, but that is one guy's name I loathe for girls.
10. Charlaina from The Pledge by Kimberly Derting- Okay, the name Charlie is bad enough on a girl. Normally I really do like guys names on girls, but Dru and Charlie are just beyond my tolerance level. I mean Charlaina? Really, that is one unique and troublesome name.