photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
1) Serendipitous- Lucky in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries.
2) Circus- I like the s and k sounds together.
3) Infinite or Infinity- Limitless or endless in space, extent or size; impossible to measure or calculate.
4) Skin- No, I really don't know why, I like the sound and feel of it.
5) Hourglass- I've always been fascinated with actual hourglasses, and the freaking amazing book Hourglass might have swayed my decision.
6) Feminine- I love all things girly like breezy dresses, heels, soft lighting, nail polish, the moon, the stars and sweet things.
7) Power- The capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.
8) Spark- A sense of liveliness and excitement.
9) Sunny or Sunshine- Bright with sunlight.
10) Passion- Strong and barely controllable emotion.
Books I'm Dying to Read
1) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater- Do I need any other justification than it's Maggie Stiefvater, horses and kissing?
2) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins- I will be devoting the entire next year to securing an ARC of this book. I just read Lola and man, am I ready for the next one. If St. Clair, Anna, Cricket and Lola are all in France with Isla (and maybe Josh) my heart might stop permanently from pure joy.
3) The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson- I kind of have this thing for Jack the Ripper. Yes, it's weird and no, I don't understand it, but let's just say he's my favorite killer. I'm actually looking forward to learning more about them.
4) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- Everyone that I have ever taken reading advice from adores this book. Even Entertainment Weekly, not the most bookish source in the world, decided to feature it as a swoon worthy series.
5) Hourglass 2 by Myra McEntire- I can haz nao plz? This is another book I will be scouring the earth for an arc of. I adored Hourglass as I have said many, many, many times before. I would probably do bodily harm to everyone and anyone who stands in the way of me getting this book.
6) The Final Cat and Bones Book by Jeaniene Frost- As unhappy as I am that the series is ending, I still really want to read this book, just to see how it could possibly end. Cat and Bones are just.. Cat and Bones, they're always going to have more stories to be told and it's simply sad that I won't be able to read them anymore.
7) The 6th Magic Bites Book by Ilona Andrews- I enjoy reading the series, that's it. This was maybe the 3rd "adult" series I ever got into. I've been reading it since high school. I'd feel weird without reading Kate's banter, hearing about Curran and waiting for a massive supernatural showdown.
8) Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews- I like Andrea. I like Raphael. I'd love to see them together again. Plus, I've read excerpts from the book and they sound fantastic. I cannot wait to see Andrea on the cover.
9) Fathomless by Jackson Pearce- Mermaids, Jackson Pearce with more fairytale retellings for me to love, how could I not want this book?
10) Purity by Jackson Pearce- I've heard an excerpt of Purity and it was fabulous. The whole thing had me gasping and laughing. This one is going to be so, so good, especially since it's a contemporary (I believe).
Honorable mention: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick since I adore Patch and Nora.