photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
1. Emerson Cole from Hourglass- I'm beginning to believe I really like Emerson for my ability to easily picture her in my mind. She always looks cute, stylish and hot. I love short girls and I don't even know why, it's just a thing I guess. I also adore her sarcasm, her vulnerability, her strength, her utter willpower and stubborn attitude which can get her through anything. She's such a presence in my mind, she's just someone I can really look up to.
2. Mercy Thompson from the Mercy Thompson series- I like strong female characters, as you can see by the names on this list. Girls who can defend themselves make me happy, because they aren't fragile, they can and will kick some ass. Mercy was the first really strong heroine I experienced. She worked on cars, she took self-defense and she screwed with werewolves' minds. She'll always have a place in my heart for being the beginning of the strong girls with attitudes that I've come to love.
3. Cat Crawfield Russell from The Night Huntress series- The second kickass female I fell in love with. Cat just has this ability to make me laugh. She wise cracks all the time and it always gets to me. I adore her relationship with Bones. Their love gives me hope that relationships, even ones with very unlikely people, can work and be amazing.
4. Kate Daniels from the Magic Bites Series- I'm not even sure what I like about Kate, I just like her. One reason I'm drawn to her is the fact that she's Russian. I mean, not all of her written conversations have an over exaggerated accent or anything. It's just so rare to see a character that actually has a nationality. All of them are usually American or it's not explained. I just feel it's interesting. I also love her relationship with Curran, she's so vulnerable with him.
5. Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series- I stopped reading the series years ago but I still love her. She's another one of those strong girls who can act vulnerably with the man she's in love with. I admire her willingness to be so selfless when it comes to Lissa and take care of her so completely. She's a true friend.
6. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy- Say what you will about her wishy washy love triangle or her questionable motives and thought processes, this girl does anything and everything she can to keep the people she cares about alive. She can survive in the wilderness on her own and I have to respect that, I would never be able to do it.
7. Wilhelmina "Mina" Wentworth from The Iron Duke- She hung upside down on a rope, by her boot hundreds of feet above the ocean and shot a Kraken in the eye. That is pretty freaking spectacular. She is a powerful woman who is passionate about adventure and giving a voice to those murdered. She's not afraid of making the hard decisions, but she makes the ones that will help her loved ones, and not herself.
8. Faythe Sanders from the Stray series- In spite of the bad decisions Faythe makes (all the time) I still like her. Even though she may not enjoy them, I love Faythe's family and the constant if not coddling support they show her. I also might seriously like her for the fact that she's a werecat and I had never known shifters could be anything but weres until I met her.
9. Meghan Chase from the Iron Fey Series- This is another one I can't really tell why I like. She's another one that I have a really clear mental picture of. (That doesn't happen often, for the record.) To me, she looks like, and has the fashion sense of, Blaire, the artist burdge-bug's main character in her web-comic Junk of the Heart. (Her sister Claire also writes stories for Blaire and her character Prosper.) Meghan is also someone I look up to because she went on the most terrifying journey of her life into faery for her half sibling. I have to admire that sort of love and dedication to family.
10. Julie from Warm Bodies- She's a zombie killing, smart ass, Sinatra loving, R protecting woman. There was something so real in her having hope for the human race, even after it'd been almost decimated. She has dreams of being something other than a warrior, she wants a real life with her own dreams to realize. Julie also ends up being the one to make some hard decisions and begin a revolution.