photo from the broke and the bookish
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here atThe Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read
1. Blood Promise, Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead- I adored this series, it was so interesting and emotional for me. However I didn't read this novel (or the ones after) because 1) it took forever to come out and 2) how three ended. My heart could not stand the breaking it went through. (Seriously, I cried on my bed for 30 minutes after I finished book Shadow Kissed.)
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the Order of the Phoenix, the Half Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling- My biggest book regret will always be not finishing the Harry Potter series when I was little. I had begged my mom to tell me the ending of book three and I was so horribly upset by the fact that the bad guy got away free that I refused to finish reading it.
3. Plain Kate by Erin Bow- Tenchincally this doesn't count since I already started reading this amazing book, but I haven't gotten the chance to finish it. I still count it though since it was a year ago that I started it, and I only got 16 pages in.
4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan- Another one I started, got a few pages in and couldn't finish. This one I began when I was still in high school so I think it can still count for this list.
5. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins- I started Catching Fire but... well, you know the song and dance by now. Catching Fire was too slow for me so, I moved on to greener pastures. Mockingjay though, put me off of the series entirely because EVERYONE TOLD ME THESE HORRIBLY DEPRESSING SPOILERS.
6. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young- I was obsessed, obsessed, obsessed with this book before it came out. I entered 4 different contests to win it before it was released. I needed this book. Surprisingly though, I've never bought it and never read it.
7. The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima- I didn't know until about 3 weeks ago that this series even existed. However, upon discovering it, I've seen countless reviews and ads about it. Since it's such a high fantasy book I'm wondering how I never heard of it at all and never read it.
8. The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa- This was another series I was terribly in love with but never managed to get the second book in time to want to read it. It's officially on the back burner now, but I still can't believe I haven't read it.
9. Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting- I looooooooooved this series. If you happened to read this blog when it was just starting out, you know how much I waxed poetic about it in a review. I really, really, really wanted to read the sequel, but it didn't come out for months.
10. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- I don't know. I was never super interested in this series since I (up until a few months ago) had an inexplicable stigma against reading books told from the male point of view. Still I feel like I should have read this from all the hype it got.
Almost every book on all 4 of my book cases. I seriously need to get on reading those.