|photo from the broke and the bookish|
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
Favorite Book Characters
(In no particular order)
1. Emerson Cole from Hourglass by Myra McEntire- I just love her, fun, sassy and spunky with a will of steel. Plus I imagine her as this really cute and small girl so when she cops an attitude it makes me laugh.
2. Kaleb Ballard from Hourglass by Myra McEntire- I imagine him as a very, very sexy man. I have a weakness for empaths, I want to hold them and make their lives better. He also has tattoos, which makes me oh so happy. (Not to mention I would totally root for Kaleb and Emerson if Michael didn't exist.)
3. Katerina "Kat" Bishop from the Heist Society Series by Ally Carter- I don't know what draws me to Kat. Maybe it's the fact that she's so unbelievably smart and crafty as a thief. I live for every new harebrained scheme and deadline Kat has to conquer. She's simply a really fun character to read.
4. R and Julie from Warm Bodies by Issac Marrion- Pairing up characters might be cheating, but at least they're from the same book. R is a zombie, however he is the cutest and most heartbreaking zombie ever. I cried with him, laughed with him and rooted for him almost the entire time. (Sorry, I couldn't support the murdering.) Julie is plain kick ass. She is smart, can take care of herself and stands up for others.
5. Mercy Thompson from the Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs- Mercy was the first adult female I read. There's just something so strong and willful about her. She's going to do what she feels is right whether other people care or not. Mercy is a rebellious trickster at hear and it's always fun to see how she channels that mischief into vexing Adam.
6. Cat Crawfield Russell from The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost- Can I just start calling this list my favorite female characters? I love Bones, Vlad, Mencheres and probably should have included them in this list. Cat though shines brightest of them all. The woman kicks serious vampire ass and has sex with the hottest former gigolo vampire ever. Someone needs to give her a high-five, she did well for herself.
7. Faythe Sanders from the Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent- A) She is a were-cat and there is a horrible shortage of those in paranormal books. B) She has to prove herself every day and fights for what she wants. C) Marc Ramos is her boyfriend. That is all.
8. Mackayla Lane from the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - Strong, but loveable, that pretty much sums Mac up. It doesn't hurt that she's surrounded by smokin' hot men 98% of the time. She's undefeated, even at her absolute worst she found a way to compose and make herself better. (Plus my nickname is Mac)
9. Sam Roth and Grace Brisbane from the Shiver Series by Maggie Stiefvater- They're simply too cute for words. True, they don't function well without each other and that is a little sad. However, their chemistry, their love makes me believe I could have a (less complicated) version of their relationship someday.
10. Cameron "Cammie the Chameleon" Morgan from the Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter- She's a teenage spy, come on it doesn't get any more bad ass than that. Her misadventures in love are comical, but a little painful. Her friends maybe a bit odd and her methods questionable at best, but super spy girl geniuses have to have a few faults right?
Zora Stewart from The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
Amy and Roger from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Bridget Vreeland, Lena Kaligaris, Tibby Rollins, Carmen Lowell from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series by Anne Brashares
Anna Cornick from the Alpha and Omega Series by Patricia Briggs
Kate Daniels from the Magic Bites Series by Ilona Andrews
Yelena from The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder
Evie from The Paranormalcy Series by Kiersten White
Anna and St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Sophie from the Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins
What are all of your favorite book characters? Tell me in a comment below!