|photo from the broke and the bookish|
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
All Time Favorite Books
These books are not in any specific order, I added them as I remembered how much I loved them. Also, I have no real favorites, just books I really enjoy reading.
1. Warm Bodies by Issac Marrion- After reading this for the first time I decided it was my first ever "favorite" book. R is a complex character and his relationship with Julie is beautiful (but morbid).
2. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine- I've read this book maybe 5 times. That never happens, even with books I'm crazy about. I almost never re-read. Therefore because it is amazing and a part of my childhood, it's a favorite.
3. A Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDaniel- Another book I've read more than twice which has a lot of emotional value to me. I don't know why, maybe it's because this book was the first that made me cry like my life was ending. All I know is I tear up every time I hear about Melinda Skye and Jesse Rose.
4. Hourglass by Myra McEntire- I adore, adore, adore this book. As soon as I closed it I wanted to read it all over again. I loved all of the characters. Plus, this is the first and only book that has made me like time travel.
5. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce- Thanks to an early shipping from amazon, I got to read Sweetly before it was released. I can't explain how much I liked this book. It was even better than Sisters Red. The message and everyone's actions were just so moving.
6. The book I'm reading currently- I'm not doing one now, but in general I'm always infatuated with the book I read when I read it.
7. The book I've just finished reading- Usually I'm so relieved and happy when I finish a book (unless it has an unsatisfactory ending) that I love it. In this case it would be Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning.
8. The Shiver Series by Maggie Stiefvater- I loved all of the books so it's pretty hard to choose my favorite of one of the favorites. Sam and Grace and Cole and Isabel have just carved out their own place in my heart.
9. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab- It's just a good and sweet fairytale book. To be honest, it reminds me of Practical Magic (one of my favorite movies ever) and Hayao Miyazaki (one of my favorite film makers ever). It reminds me of Miyazaki because I could easily see it animated in that style.
10. My Sailor Moon Manga Collection- The art is just beautiful and I used to wish I was the princess of the moon, okay? I've loved it since I was in like 3rd or 4th grade, I'm confident I'll love it for the rest of my life.