|photo from the broke and the bookish|
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. (Meme description taken from the broke and the bookish)
1. Ripple by Mandy Hubbard- I was literally obsessed with this cover for months and months before it came out. There's something just so creepy and perfect about it. I love the background and Lexi's golden scales on her legs.
2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis- I used to have this fascination (I still sort of do) with the night sky, most especially with stars. So, of course I adore this cover. Plus Amy and Elder look perfect in that pose. I really like their silhouettes.
3. The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black- The cover looks awesome. It really captures The Poison Eaters stories. The three models exactly fit the descriptions of the girls.
4. Swear by Nina Malkin- I don't even read the Swoon series, but I am so in love with this cover. The pink accents the blue dress so prettily. Her pose is interesting, most YA covers have girls front and center, this one has her huddled and looking grieved. The gate also adds a menacing feel to the cover.
5. So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev- This dress so, so freaking pretty! I'm not even bothered by the freaky, but cool looking lightning bugs. This is such a pretty painting with the tapestry and her hair, it's just all lovely. (This is another series I don't read.)
6. Fair Game by Patricia Briggs- Dan Dos Santos is my favorite painter. I love all of the work he does. Hence the reason he's on this list twice. The Mercy and Anna covers are beautiful. All of his work is so detailed and life-like but still looks untouchable and ethereal.
7. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting- Like Fair Game, you've seen my post of cover love for The Pledge. I don't know what it is about this cover, possibly it's simplicity.
8. The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver- This cover is great, it hints at phenomenal world building. Riley looks so athletic and in character. The winged design on the bottom also adds an interesting vibe.
9. One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost- Cat looks so awesomely sexy. I mean the cat looks a little odd and out of place. The set back is also just amazing, hot and just good. Plus Cat finally got to let her hair down after about 5 books. :)
10. River Marked by Patricia Briggs- The pose is pretty trite and a bit unnatural, but Mercy looks great. All of her tattoos look great. I love all the texture and detail in the background.
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce